Thursday 2 April 2015

Dim Hallways

I'm walking through the dark hallway of my school. All I can see is darkness in the path and dim lighted stone walls through my peripheral vision giving a sense of an endless hallway. I'm striding towards the unknown darkness feeling a nagging sense of being pursued by someone. I can feel the fear deep in my gut as my breathing shallows. I don't know how long I keep running when I finally find a stairs that stands out stark white in the dark. I will myself to run faster. As I near the stairs I sense a strong pull from behind. I feel like the gravity is working horizontally and I'm trying my best to move forward. The force is tugging on my clothes; my legs; my skin and insides. I'm screaming and trying to push away, all in vain. I reach the foot of the stairs with all my might. As I'm about to step forward I feel a gut wrenching pull on my stomach and I wake up with a jolt, breathing heavily. I'm sweating profusely and feel disoriented. I check  my phone and its 4:30 in the morning. I slump back and wait for my breathing to normalize before going back to sleep.
I wake up to a lot of shouting and darkness again. I walk over to the living room to see silhouettes of my family standing huddled up at the window. They are shouting and swearing at someone on the road. My mother sees me and her eyes are filled with horror. She beckons me to go to my room and bring her something. I run to my room and grab the first thing and run back to the living room to find everything in a state of normalcy. The light is back; my brother is exercising, my mother is cooking and grand mum is snoozing over the newspaper. A usual morning.I check the time. Its 7:30. I stand there trying to decipher the confusion and I'm being dragged away from the dreamworld. Again. This time towards reality.
I had this dream an hour ago. I'm so confused and befuddled right now. I actually had a dream within a dream. Dreams that did not even make sense. I did not even watch anything spooky. Wow. I have weird dreams in the afternoon. This got me thinking. What if we are all just a part of a big dream someone's having? Gah. It sounds stupid. Anyways, I know this is not the my best writing or anything but I had to write this down! I'm sorry I couldn't post on the 31st. It was an overwhelming day. Yesterday I binge watched movies. I'm working on something my friend suggested. Seems interesting. I guess that's it for now. Until next time. Bye. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment