Thursday 5 May 2016

The one with all the nostalgia.

So my summer began with the annual session of cleaning and reminiscing about school through the trivial junk that's been piling up for ages in the room. I found things ranging from old hand made birthday cards to my first ink pen which might not be in a working state now. Of course, going through childhood collections brought back so many happy memories but I failed to connect myself with the 8 year old version of me who loved collecting chocolate wrappers for reasons I don't recollect. I remember the time when the only concern was the TV schedules and making sure my brother didn't get to the remote before me. It was simpler back then when our minds were more clear, carefree and less fogged up with the social triviality of  pleasing the society. High spirited souls just looking for simple satisfactions in a unique stone you found on a street that you guarded with your life, getting drenched in rain with your friends, eating a chocolate in deliberate slowness just to piss off your sibling or gobbling up their share as well and the list just goes on.
As we start gaining years to our age we tend to drape ourselves with layers of consciousness to the carefree soul. There are people out there who strike a balance between growing up and keeping their childlike spirits intact while there are some of us who get lost in the layers. Its not the question of blaming anyone or instantly changing oneself, its the matter of keeping our roots intact. Though we'd like to believe that our imagination has not been curbed by the shackles of our academic progress and the process of growing up, we have to a certain extent forgotten the various amazing worlds we created in our heads to make the mundane reality bearable. We have become the mundane reality. I know reality offers a lot more than just mundane existence. It's given us the all mighty Internet, Tumblr (which is not far from a fantasy world), youtube and a lot more. Then again these are just virtual spheres of existence that we take upon to escape the true reality. 
We all led our childhood differently and had different social spheres but the one thing we all had was the power to imagine and create something unique and get lost in the beauty of our creation. I'm not saying go back to being all imaginative and living in a fantasy world. All I'm saying is don't let go of that string of imagination that still connects you to your childhood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment